Monday, February 21, 2011

Annoyance Rant

This is one of those random thoughts posts because I've had a couple beers and the thoughts are just flowing right now.

TV Shows
I found out why people like the dumbest shows that come on tv in the evenings during the week. It's not because people think they are good. It's because people want to see their city on tv. Just like how music artists are given credit not so much because they are good (most of the time they are not), but because of them being from a certain area and getting attention.

Weak
It sucks being a straight male and seeing the most beautiful women who are lesbian. Nuff said.

Baby Mamas
Everybody has babies these days. How many men are stepping up and deciding to be men instead of letting these women raise the children on their own? Everybody I see these days (except for maybe a very small handful of people) is a single parent. I miss the good ol' days when moms and dads were raising children together in the same household. But the generation we are producing these days (if this trend doesn't stop) will grow up with the idea that it's normal to see mom during the week and dad every other weekend. Once our youth have this idea in their minds there will be no need for love, and therefore the next normality will be for the children to raise themselves.

Heavy
It's also funny/interesting/sad to see that people that I knew from back in the day now have gained weight, and I'm not talking about the ones who are now mothers. I know there are some people who have disorders and whatnot, but for the other ones, hit the gym please (unless of course you are content with looking like a blimp). "Damn homie, in high school you was the man homie, the eff happened to you?"

NBA All Star Half Time Show
They needed to turn the microphone up during the halftime show. If it was just Rihanna up on stage the whole time it might have been a fail. But the addition of Drake and Kanye allowed her to dance a little bit and I was satisfied with it, especially since "All of the Lights" is my favorite song right now.

Number Four
I wanted to see "I Am Number Four" until I read the reviews and found out it's another twilight alien-style with more action. The only problem is the director is known for making movies where all the action is in the last half hour.

Old Spice
The Old Spice commercials do a good job at advertising to the right audience. What better way to get men to buy your products than entice the women who have a man that doesn't always smell so great?

Save Ourselves
What's up with black people and these ghetto names? Keywanna, LaDainian, LaTorsha, Aquanetta, etc. I can't help but laugh when I hear these names. I wonder if employers do the same thing before making that phone call to invite people to interviews.

Cropping
What is the point of people on Facebook cropping out other people in their pictures? Everyone wants to know, and they are all assuming one of two things: 1) you are hiding that person from others, 2) you are liking how you look in that picture and want to make it bigger.

Music these days
This current genre of music they play on the radio stations that they also play in the clubs is getting on my nerves. It has got on my nerves so much that I have completely boycotted 105.9 and 102.7 in LA until this genre dies out. Until then its 92.3 and 93.5 because they play the music I grew up to, when people had real talent. If this offends you, so what. Bruno Mars, Kesha, Justin Beiber, B.O.B., etc, come out with CRAP! Sure I hear their songs, but I don't listen to them. I can't. I refuse to listen to crap, so I bless my ears with stuff worth listening to.

I jumped rather quickly to random topics and this blog doesn't flow as nicely as you would expect. But I am also not here to please you, I'm here to release my thoughts in whatever manner I choose. I can do that without having to give much explanation because my life is easily difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment